Submitted by ETC Group on
Powerpoint Presentation and Webinar
Today, six corporations control global markets for industrial seeds/agrochemicals. They determine the priorities and future direction of agricultural research. What are implications of ag mega-mergers for food sovereignty and climate change? What can be done?
In this presentation, you will find:
- Up-to-the-minute developments on the Merger Front;
- The current Ag Inputs oligopoly (6 multinationals control 75% of seed/pesticide sales);
- Takeover options for giant farm machinery, fertilizer companies & China;
- The Myth of Climate-Smart Agricultural Innovations;
- Merger Scenarios involving Monsanto, Syngenta, BASF & ADAMA;
- Counter-strategies including BRICS & anti-Trust moves.
You can also watch a 1-hour webinar presenting the information by clicking the following link: https://plus.google.com/events/cs13qv7gnnplb92qd74rovk42u8?authkey=CPj63...